Cabochon: a gem in convex form and highly polished .
Writing and Editing Services for Individuals and Businesses
Let’s polish your written work until it shines!
Cabochon Services is a manuscript/author and business service company. The manuscript services division focuses on the emerging memoir/family history, autobiography, fiction, and nonfiction markets, including collaborative developmental editing, manuscript evaluations and copy editing. The business services division specializes in business plan writing and consultation, document and report formatting & more.
Carolyn R Parsons: newspaper stories, features and columns (click image)
More at carolynrparsons.ca
- My very first novel is called The Secrets of Rare Moon Tickle. It's a love story, a family drama that is filled with moon references and metaphors about the fictional town that is its setting, Rare Moon Tickle. Why did I write it? Well because I was drawn to the story. Why did I name the place Rare Moon Tickle? Because I am drawn to the moon.Perhaps I am fascinated by the moon because of my own family lore that has me sitting with my Uncle Bruce Parsons on July 20, 1969, at age three watching the first moonwalk by […]
- The fun things you learn! Did you know you can embed the preview of your book from Amazon Kindle (The "look inside" feature) into your website/blog? Yes you can! I've done it in a post (see below) but you can also do it on the blog directly. It's a great way to pique the interest of your readers and give them easy access to buy it. I have a bunch of posts half finished in the queue and some content coming later on but if you want to see what I mean click on through where it says "READ MORE" […]
- This popped up in my Facebook memories one Thursday and a realization it struck me. In three years, if all goes as it should I'll be here in this house without children for the first time since 1990. That's right. My first daughter was born in October of 1990 and my youngest in October of 2005. I have had children in the house for thirty years at this point and easy math tells you it will be thirty-three years of parenting in the house, primarily on my own for most of them, by the time the last fledgling hops out of […]
- Goddammit. I am a Cheetah. You my darling are one too. Read the book. The end.Okay that's not enough but while I wouldn't say that reading this book changed my life, it validated it. It made every random, unexpected and most of all, every JUDGED move I made as a mother, as a wife, as a woman that made me feel on course make sense. I am not a bandwagon person. I don't always love what everybody loves. I am sceptical but when I heard the raving about this book I decided to check it out. I already really enjoy Doyle's […]
- You can't trust anybody. You simply can't. Just ask Malcolm Gladwell. Okay, that's not what he says. What he says is that you can't trust yourself to know when somebody is lying and that, even if it doesn't appear to be so much of the time, we usually believe people when they tell us something.Now does that apply to the internet? Is that why people are believing the most farfetched conspiracy theories about trafficking rings in pizza places? Because we default to believing people just because they say it? Have you ever had somebody state something as fact that you believed […]
More at carolynrparsons.ca