It’s hard to separate line and copy edits. These are paragraph-sentence-level edits. This edit determines if a paragraph, sentence, or word is necessary as well as
- Ensure your tenses are consistent
- text is clear, logical, and coherent.
- Make sure structure is easy to follow.
- Guidance to set tone that is appropriate to the material, audience, and purpose.
- spelling, grammar, and punctuation are consistent and correct.
- Scan for redundancies and repetitious words and remove them.
- Find awkward phrasing and rewrite.